Methadone Treatment Info
Breaking free from the chains of opiate abuse and/or opiate addiction can be a difficult experience, but advances in medication-assisted treatment in recent decades have made this process much safer, less painful, and more successful.
During the past 30 years, many opiate addiction recovery programs have had great success with a medication called methadone, which has helped tens of thousands of formerly addicted men and women overcome the addiction to opiates such as heroin, OxyContin (oxycodone) and Vicodin (hydrocodone).
Of course, the first step on the path back from opiate addiction is recognizing the extent of the problem and selecting the treatment center that best meets your unique needs. To help you make the best decision for yourself and your family, this website features information about more than 10,000 treatment centers across the United States.
Methadone Treatment Facts
Methadone treatment has been described by the U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) as a “rigorously well-tested” and “safe and efficacious” treatment option for individuals who are being treated for opiate addiction. Some facts about methadone treatment include the following:
- When used as directed, methadone reduces opioid withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, chills/sweats, muscle spasms and more.
- Methadone works primarily by blocking the opioid receptors in the brain, which helps aid in a more safe and less painful detox process.
- The length of methadone treatment will depend solely on the recovering user’s unique and individual treatment needs (such as how quickly he or she develops coping skills and solid self-care practices).
- Methadone treatment can be offered at a facility during an inpatient stay, offered through an outpatient program, or provided for a recovering individual in his or her own home.
- A variety of forms of therapy are typically encouraged in addition to methadone treatment, such as behavioral, holistic and experiential therapies.
To learn more about methadone treatment for opiate addiction and medication-assisted treatment opportunities near you, click the “Facilities” link above.
Methadone Treatment Clinics
CRC is proud to offer a number of different methadone treatment clinics to those in need. Throughout the nation, we have made numerous facilities available to individuals looking to recover from an opiate addiction. To learn more, visit our opiate treatment center pages below:
- Capalina Clinic - San Marcos, California
- Coastal Recovery Clinic – Wilmington, California
- Colton Clinic - Colton, California
- Desert Treatment Clinic – Palm Springs, California
- El Cajon Treatment Clinic – El Cajon, California
- Fashion Valley Clinic – San Diego, California
- Home Avenue Clinic – San Diego, California
- Riverside Clinic – Riverside, California
- Sacramento Clinic – Sacramento, California
- Santa Ana Clinic – Santa Ana, California
- Temecula Clinic – Murrieta, California
- Third Avenue Clinic – Chula Vista, California
- Claymont Treatment Center – Claymont, Delaware
- Cartersville Center - Cartersville, Georgia
- East Indiana Treatment Center – Lawrenceburg, Indiana
- Evansville Treatment Center- Evansville, Indiana
- Indianapolis Treatment Center – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Richmond Treatment Center – Richmond, Indiana
- Southern Indiana Treatment Center - Charlestown, Indiana
- Wichita Treatment Center – Wichita, Kansas
- Baton Rouge Treatment Center - Baton Rouge, Lousiana
- Cumberland Treatment Center – LaVale, Maryland
- Elkton Treatment Center – Elkton, Maryland
- Pine Heights Treatment Center – Baltimore, Maryland
- Carolina Treatment Center –Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Carolina Treatment Center – Goldsboro, North Carolina
- Carolina Treatment Center – Pinehurst, North Carolina
- Mountain Health Solutions – Asheville, North Carolina
- Mountain Health Solutions - North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
- Allied Health Services – Beaverton, Oregon
- Allied Health Services - Medford, Oregon
- Allied Health Services Portland Alder - Portland, Oregon
- Allied Health Services Portland Belmont - Portland, Oregon
- Allied Health Services Portland Burnside - Portland, Oregon
- Coatesville Treatment Center – Coatesville, Pennsylvania
- Lebanon Treatment Center - Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- Volunteer Treatment Center – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Clinch Valley Treatment Center - Cedar Bluff, Virginia
- New River Treatment Center - Galax, Virginia
- Roanoke Treatment Center - Roanoke, Virginia
- Canyon Park Treatment Solutions – Bothell, Washington
- The Renton Clinic - Renton, Washington
- Spokane Treatment Solutions - Spokane Valley, Washington
- Tacoma Treatment Solutions - Lakewood, Washington
- Vancouver Treatment Solutions - Vancouver, Washington
- Beckley Treatment Center – Beaver, West Virginia
- Charleston Treatment Center – Charleston, West Virginia
- Clarksburg Treatment Center – Clarksburg, West Virginia
- Huntington Treatment Center - Huntington, West Virginia
- Parkersburg Treatment Center - Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Wheeling Treatment Center – Triadelphia, West Virginia
- Williamson Treatment Center - Williamson, West Virginia
- 10th Street Clinic – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Madison Health Services - Madison, Wisconsin
- River’s Shore Clinic - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Valley Health Services - Appleton, Wisconsin
- Wausau Health Services - Wausau, Wisconsin
Click here to locate a facility near you »