Since 1983, Sierra Tucson has been a leader in the field of behavioral healthcare, internationally renowned for its effective therapies, extraordinary staff, and exceptional setting. Sierra Tucson integrates evidenced-based practices and integrative therapies to provide the most effective treatments for addiction and other behavioral health problems. This philosophy has led to positive outcomes for tens of thousands of people who have suffered from alcoholism, drug addiction, depression, anxiety, trauma, eating disorders, chronic pain, and other disorders. Discover what makes Sierra Tucson the best environment for you or your loved one.
A Place of Peace & Serenity
The Sierra Tucson campus is set on 160 serene acres north of Tucson, Arizona. With stunning views of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains and the beautiful high desert, our campus is a place of peace, beauty, and hope — the ideal environment in which to transcend the challenges of the past and pursue a healthy, productive, and promising future.
Dual Licensure & Dual Accreditation
Sierra Tucson is accredited by the Joint Commission and dual licensed as both an Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit and Residential Treatment Center. We are internationally known and respected as a leader in the treatment of addictions, behavioral disorders, and chronic pain.
Professional and Experienced Staff
Sierra Tucson’s professional, experienced, and caring staff develops individualized treatment plans for each resident. Progressive, effective therapies help every individual learn to manage their behavioral health problems and best of all leave, knowing that the Sierra Tucson Continuing Care program is their bridge to successfully transitioning to the world after residential treatment ends.
Medical and Therapeutic Resources
The expert staff of professionals use an interdisciplinary team approach, customizing both conventional and complementary evidence-based treatments to support each individual’s unique capacity to thrive and live in wellness. Everyone on Sierra Tucson’s medical and clinical staff is an M.D., Ph.D., R.N. or other master’s level graduate with a variety of credentials in their specific areas. With a large clinical and support staff, we provide round-the-clock care from arrival through departure.
Therapies and services includes:
- Thorough Physical, Psychiatric, and Psychological History
- Medication Evaluation, Integrated Medicine Consultation, Pharmaceutical Evaluation and Treatment (including safe detox if needed)
- Specialty Medical Consultation and Skilled Nursing Care
- Personalized Nutrition Plan
- Group and Individual Therapy
- Equine-Assisted Therapy to promote emotional growth
- Biofeedback, Neuro feedback, and Mindfulness to teach relaxation and skills for coping with stress
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, which teaches mindfulness, interpersonal skills, distress tolerance, and emotional regulation
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) to help heal the effects of trauma
- Trauma-Specific Psychodrama and Grief Group Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing® to increase awareness and help release trauma-related tension
- Somato-Emotional Release Massage for release of stress, depression, and fatigue
- Alternative Therapies such as Naturopathic medicine, and Nutraceuticals (vitamin/herbal supplements)
- Pain Management Education, Anti-inflammatory Nutritional Instruction, Pain Flare-up Planning, and Sleep Restoration Plan
- Physical, Trigger Point, and Safe Exercise Therapy, plus Hydrotherapy by fitness specialists for movement and physical conditioning
- Integrative Therapies such as Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Shiatsu, and Yoga to offer mind-body approaches for healing
- Outings to Restaurants and Grocery Stores, Snack Challenges, and Meal Planning & Preparation
- On-Site & Off-Site 12-Step Meetings
- Denial Management and Substance Abuse Counseling (if needed)
- Four-Day Family Program to enhance resident recovery and extend healing to the family
- “Connections,” which provides a full year of continuing care management to support residents and family
Connecting the Mind, Body and Spirit
Located in the foothills of the beautiful Santa Catalina Mountains near Tucson, Arizona, the 160-acre campus offers a natural healing environment with the highest level of confidentiality, serenity, and individual respect. The secluded setting is ideal for an atmosphere of tranquility as well as safety. While Sierra Tucson is only 33 miles from the Tucson International Airport, our campus enjoys the beauty of nature without distractions.
It is from that foundation that the healing process begins. And, with the goal of making residents as comfortable and “at home” as possible, the semi-private rooms are feature full beds and the kind of amenities found in a nice hotel. While the onsite Desert Flower Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit provides a full range of medical and clinical services, its environment is nurturing and peaceful.
Treatment areas are beautifully appointed for a combination of serenity and comfort, while outdoor facilities — including the Challenge Course, Round Pen and stables, 12-Step Path and other scenic areas — reflect the majestic splendor of the surrounding terrain.